Location: Vancouver, Canada
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
This position is responsible for managing using a team-based leadership approach, Central 1’s cooperative marketing programs, including management of governance, operational and financial performance of cooperative programs and the cooperative marketing team; developing marketing plans and providing marketing materials and expertise; managing all strategic aspects of the promotion, sales and delivery of cooperative products, services and programs; and implementing, enhancing and managing the brand strategy for all cooperative marketing brands, including but not limited to the Credit Unions of BC Province-Wide Program, Credit Unions of Ontario Program, Credit Unions are Helping Here Program, and National Ding Free Program.
You’ll be primarily accountable for:
Major Project Planning Responsibilities:
- Ensure the development of strategy, project management and the successful launch of new and existing product development initiatives
- Plan the timing and implementation of projects to launch new or enhanced services, identify operational impacts and potential risks and develop plan to determine the timeline and critical path
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams with members from various departments or external vendors to obtain their commitment to achieve the project objectives
- Establish project schedules, allocate resources and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget, including monitoring monthly financial statements and reporting any variances.
Cooperative Marketing Programs:
- Management of all cooperative programs and budgets (approx. $3-5MM), including identifying areas of direction, making recommendations and improvements, managing committee meetings involving senior executive credit union employees, and managing external suppliers of services as necessary including the advertising agencies, market research firms, and other vendors as required.
- Lead the planning, development and ongoing management of TV advertising, digital advertising, media planning and public relations activities associated with the Programs.
- Manage the research and analytics tracking needs of all in-market activities. Provide reports to the system on a regular basis.
- Oversee communications to the credit union system regarding the performance and activities of the cooperative Programs.
- Deliver presentations to all levels of Central 1 membership on program updates and launches.
- Produce reports, budget updates and deliver presentations to the various decision-making bodies of Central 1 (Board, Trade Service Oversight, Central 1 Advisory) and the cooperative marketing stakeholder committees.
- Consult with and make recommendations to credit unions on implementation and adoption of cooperative program elements.
Marketing and Communications:
In addition to the base portfolio, responsibilities may include revenue generating projects that provide consulting and marketing communications services to other departments of Central 1 and individual credit unions.
Identify opportunities and provide planning, development and production services to service these projects including:
- Prepare proposals for business and/or marketing solutions for a variety of diverse and complex problems, reflecting costs, time required and alternative approaches to satisfy existing and future needs
- Plan, initiate and facilitate the research and collection of information from clients groups and other stakeholders. Analyze and document needs and requirements into comprehensive business cases for modifications or enhancements
- Provide or facilitate follow-up and support to clients to ensure the success of the newly implemented services
- Provide leadership to the events team, overseeing corporate event planning, logistics, execution, and evaluation.
- Provide team leadership to a group of staff working on a diverse range of projects/tasks of considerable scope and complexity
- Set performance objectives of the team and manage performance and quality of team results
- Provide advice and direction to the team and ensure adherence to standards and practices.
- Participate with the AVP in hiring and performance management decisions, conduct performance evaluations with staff and assist them in developing career objectives and learning plans
- Contribute to the development and application of department processes and procedures; policies, guidelines, and standards; and best practices for the marketing area
- Contribute to a positive work environment and awareness by all staff of the organization’s strategy and objectives, and create an environment oriented towards trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Take responsibility for self-development and continuous learning to achieve required knowledge for the job.
- Perform other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central’s business goals.
- A business or marketing degree is required. Post-graduate marketing qualifications are desirable and a PMP certification would be an asset.
- A minimum of five years’ of progressive experience in an advertising or marketing communications environment is required, developing and implementing strategic marketing campaigns, leading teams and coordinating a broad range of different communication mediums; a sound appreciation of design principles, combined with thorough knowledge and experience executing digital and traditional marketing campaigns.
- Excellent technical understanding of the development process, including experience project managing and executing large-scale technical website builds with a great level of detail.
- Extensive project management experience, ideally acquired in advertising campaign management.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and overall financial management of large-scale marketing programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills, and team building and leadership capability are required.
- Previous exposure to the credit union system would be an asset.
- Possess the capacity to adapt, deal with ambiguity and implement changes.
- Possess organization, planning and time-management skills with high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Strategic and creative evaluation skills.
- The incumbent must possess a sound working knowledge of budgeting and management accounting practices.
- Relationship management skills including good negotiation and proven communication skills capable to interact at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of design software such as Keynote, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and Illustrator would be an asset as well as proficient use of Project Management software.
We are excited to add a team member who can help us deliver an exceptional service to our managers, employees and internal clients. If this role sounds like a fit for your experience and interest, we look forward to hearing from you.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for a disability-related accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: VP, Marketing and Research
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*